Friday, September 19, 2008

The bustling business of hurricane readiness

This picture was on the morning before we were heading out of town in the face of Hurricane Gustav. I was walking over to the coffee shop for a morning refresher. The Home Depot was just opening. These carts were lined all over the parking lot. It had obviously been a very busy night and apparently they didn't have enough help left to bring them in. I would think HD sold a lot of plywood and other hurricane supplies as people boarded up to get out of town.

We have survived unscathed a glancing blows by two hurricanes in the past few weeks. Now things are back settling down.


- steve buser

6 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

My goodness, it must have been chaos there...happy things are finally settling down for you!

Halcyon said...

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal.

I posted some of the bucket trucks I've seen on I-55. Stop by, if you're interested!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I initially thought they were, but think it was metal patio furniture. Then I read what you wrote and said, "What?" And sure enough you were right.

Sharon said...

I bet this store was extremely busy. All those carts make seem to sum it up. Glad to hear that things are settling down. I have friends in Houston who are still waiting for the electricity to come back.

Jules said...

So glad you & N O are safe - it must be incredible difficult to settle down and go back to normal but a huge relief too!!!

Laurie Allee said...

LEt's hope this is the end of it. Whew, what a hurricane season.