Sunday, June 1, 2008

Da Crawfish Boil

The crawfish boil, as you can see, is a very social event. Every one crowded around, picking, eating and conversing in a hive of activity. The signature of the haute cuisine is the newspaper strewn table -- makes it easier to clean up, just roll it up and toss it in a garbage bag. It is impossible for anyone around the table to be a stranger at one of these feast. It's a true New Orleans event, though this one was Saturday at my brother Ted's house in Baton Rouge where we held a Buser family reunion.

9 comments:

Lynette said...

This is a splendid photo, Steve. I love what you've done with it. I also have enjoyed browsing your recent posts, too.

Sakiwi said...

Beautiful colour manipulation.

ptowngirl said...

Wonderful capture and contrast!

ptowngirl
HamptonRoadsDailyPhoto.com

Halcyon said...

Love the effect you have put on this photo. We had a crawfish boil with our friends from Germany. They really enjoyed it!

Greyhound Girl said...

This is a great great photo- like a piece of art work! AND it sounds like so much fun!

Bernie said...

Wow, I haven't been to one of those since I moved from N.O. thirty years ago. I bet that paper is a Times Picayune. And the picture is so vivid. I can almost hear someone in the background pouring a Dixie and saying "suck dem heads."

Janet said...

A perfect picture of that Louisiana culture!

Layrayski said...

That photo looks so much fun. Reminds me of Filipino- get- together- activities, and eating with bare hands--Yummy!

Andree said...

Those are huge! Ours are like half the size. And while I know people eat them, until this photo I never knew why (half a bite?). Great photo.