Thursday, July 3, 2008

Meal time

These are our protaganists from a couple of weeks ago. I was filing away the photos when this one caught my eye. If you recall, the two chicks were fighting to be the first to eat. Mom was not ready to serve up the meal. I didn't realize I had caught the "dinner is ready" shot until I saw this one. Mom sticks her beak down the beak of one of the chicks and well... you get the idea -- a juicy meal.

Want to see some really amazing photos of wildlife in St. Bernard, you've got to check out Hippics -- his work just blew me away.

--steve buser

11 comments:

Virginia said...

Kids, always wantin' a snack! Great photo. I especially like the way the feathers make a "crown" on the babies' heads - so cute!

alice said...

Beautiful photo, thanks Steve!

Anonymous said...

Your photography is really improved, Steve. I don't know if you care to hear that from me, but it is my honest opinion. It seems to me that you are looking for and catching things in your lens nowadays that I never used to see. This is an excellent Nature shot and would work in dozens of places on the commercial market. Congratulations.

NormaDePlume said...

That's gorgeous. I am high as a muther++cker here in NYC and can't quite figgr out how to privately email you.. But I ve been insipired.. What do you think about maybe a new orleanean blogger convention in new orleans of course.. ?Ive been blogging, dragging it out, since the beginning of bloggers and I wanna meet you all.. i live in the Fr. Quarter.. Serious. Write back.. kisses :jc

USelaine said...

That must take a lot out of her.

Ineke said...

great catch!

Halcyon said...

Awww... the baby birdies are cute! I love the tufty feathers on their heads, sort of like a baby's first hair.

photowannabe said...

Wow, that's high praise from Abraham and I quite agree. This is a terrific shot with pure action.

sandy said...

Beautiful photo. I'll check out that link, thanks!

Diederick Wijmans said...

What an excellent photo, Steve! Action, colours, angle...perfect!

Eki said...

You surely are a keen bird watcher, Steve. Of this series, I like this best. Happy Independence Day!