Thursday, November 20, 2008

So here's what I am wondering about. You know birds -- free and able to soar anywhere they want. No boundaries, nothing can hold them back (maybe bad weather) Any tree a potential next. Any shore a home.

This Ring-billed Gull was among a group that spent each day in the parking lot of the local shopping center. Who knows where they went at night, but each day, rain or shine they would sit in the parking lot for hours.

Now I don't know about you, but me? I would not pick a parking lot to hang into if I had wings to get me to a sea shore.

Guess dumb decisions ain't just a human thing.

--steve buser

3 comments:

photowannabe said...

Too funny....Don't have an answer to their strange actions.

Wanda said...

It's easy ~~ they are waiting for the sales.

raf said...

Those black wing tips remind me of kittiwakes up in the Bering Sea. They have always been my favorite gull because they are small and nimble.