Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A poorly-picked perch


This Egret wants to show off its plumage as it grabs hold of a branch in the bayou at Audubon Park in New Orleans. Understand, I am a perfect stranger to him. But somehow, I feel guilty I didn't tell him he could have picked a better place to land. Nonetheless, this tail, er... I mean tale, had a happy ending. The gator finished baking his belly full of food in the sun and the egret joined some of his friend for an aerial view of the park.

--steve buser

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

6 comments:

Sharon said...

When I opened this up, I could see danger lurking. It's nice to hear that all is well.

Unknown said...

Great capture indeed! I like the 'de-tail' too! :-)

Kris McCracken said...

I beg your forgiveness for my cutting and pasting – yet constantly reworking – this comment, but there was no way on Earth I would be able to make it around the whole globe to wish everybody a Merry Christmas otherwise.

You cannot know the pain it causes me to admit that I am a mere mortal (and that the magical elves on my staff have little respect for my authority or their salary packages. Consequently, the reindeer are all filthy and out of shape and the elves that have shown up for work all seem a little worse for wear, if you catch my drift. All they seem to do is sit around smoking, playing cards and telling dirty jokes! Rudolph is livid.

Anyway, from myself, Henry and Ezra, have a Merry Christmas/Winter Solstice/Hanukkah/Festivus and a happy New Year!

I hope that all of your holiday photos turn out to be triumphs, your stocking is stuffed full of lots of tasty treats and not coal and that all your gingerbread men/women come out smiling.

Chrissy said...

Merry Christmas and I love that pic.

Wanda said...

The bird is beautiful....but boy did I see that tail first... glad the tale turned out with a happy ending!!


Merry Christmas friend.
Wanda

Fredrik said...

Wonderful! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!