Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cabbage coming

From the Irish Channel St. Patrick's Day Parade this weekend comes this shot. The cabbage is coming down, you had better be ready to catch it. They also threw huge carrots, potatoes, bananas, bell peppers and more. Go home and cook all that up and your sure to have the luck of a leprechaun. The New Orleans parade is a favorite every years -- it takes a couple hours to pass by the our spot on St. Charles. If you are hardy enough, after it passes, you can walk six blocks to Magazine Street and catch it again.

Not me.

--steve buser

7 comments:

Chris said...

Steve, I love your commentary. . .last line especially! What fun that they throw veggies!

Happy St. Patty's!

Janet said...

Wow! A cabbage-throwing parade! I wouldn't mind catching one and cooking some up.

photowannabe said...

Another interesting tradition that I never heard of before. I guess that's one way to get Irish stew.

Anonymous said...

Throwing the vegetables down is an interesting way to meet people. I never heard of it before.

virtual nexus said...

Great shots (photos and cabbages?)- St Patrick's day doesn't have much of a profile here.

Marie said...

I had never heard of such a strange habit. I eat a lot of vegetables, so I would attend this event :)

Wanda said...

I have never heard of this unless you were a terrible singer!!!