Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Duck snoop

This young wood duck with his breeding plumage( iridescent green head, sharp white markings, deep red chest, golden sides) was strutting his stuff around Audubon Park in New Orleans a couple weeks ago -- not that he would let me get close enough for a full frame shot or anything. He kept his distance pretty well. But I got behind a tree and waited then peeked around and caught this shot. Notice the long green and purple crest looks almost like pony tail.


--steve buser

3 comments:

Chris said...

Nice duck, Steve. Good shot even if he was a little skittish.

BTW. . .Did you get my email?

Southern Heart said...

He's so pretty! Very nice photo.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why we don't have these wood ducks here but I have never seen one. I think they are the most beautiful of all. I like this post.

Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio.