Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Raining Down

Coming back into New Orleans Sunday, this is the weather that greeted us. As we got up on the I-10 bridge over the Spillway (just west of New Orleans) the rain started pummeling our car and the wind was whipping at us, making driving unsteady. We arrived home to find out the area was under a flash flood watch -- though it was shining when we pulled up to our place.

We must have brought the weather with us, because on the Fourth of July we drove into Houston in one of the worst downpours you can imagine.

-- steve buser

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It surely looks filthy! It is disquieting to drive in these sorts of conditions - yet even worse to pull over and wait for it to pass.

Victor said...

Glad to see the clouds are back. Reminds me of the weather last time I was in Louisiana (January). Beautiful series Steve!

photowannabe said...

Wild weather and so hard to drive in. Glad you made it home safely. I love how you captured the heavy clouds and sepia technique.

Diederick Wijmans said...

Very menacing indeed!!
Here too the weather conditions continue to change to extremes. Heavy thunderstorms on the lake with an innediate drop of temperatures by about 7° Celsius and then, after half an hour, beautiful sunshine with a deep blue sky, while temperatures rise to 30° Celsius.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Oh dear I'd like to see this one in huge format, it looks striking already but it would be truly spectacular!!!

Chris said...

Steve, you have had some great cloud photos. I just love them!

Anonymous said...

Nice photo. Threatening sky. I like them.

Patty and I will be celebrating 53 years of marriage on July 12th. Think of it as a long-term relationship.

I have invited bloggers to offer suggestions on a gift for me to give Patty and the list would not be complete without your ideas.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

sandy said...

That is ONE dramatic photo!!!