Monday, December 3, 2007

Bridge Soaring

Skimming the clouds
"Over. I can fly over. No bridge is too tall. No challenge to great. Wind filling my wings. Wind picking me up. I'm Bridge Soaring. Today, the big one. The wind from the rushing cars and trucks creates a slight turbulence as I cross. Reminds me that I am the one they are looking up to see."


This bridge soarer takes on the Crescent City Connection bridge in New Orleans.

-- steve buser

Lagniappe ... ( a little something extra)
Sunrise fishing. Just you, the pier, the water, the fish.... and serenity.
It's all about focus.

Today on Pixel Eyed.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! I've seen pics of this bridge before, but none so striking. :)

Michelle
http://arlingtondailyphoto.com/photoblog

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

You framed that shot nicely, Steve.

Jilly said...

Just caught up with your second and third choices for the bridge photo and both beautiful shots. All three are so good. I love the ones with the birds, and today's with that sky and single bird is superb, but there was something so special about your choice for the 1st of the month. Such an usual shot.

Jilly said...

Meant to say I haven't a clue how high the bridge was on Menton DP but your guess sounds about right to me!

Gwen said...

Nice bird and bridge image.

Marie said...

I like the composition. The presence of the seagull makes up for (if that makes sense) the rigidity and cold aspect of the metallic bridge.

Bettey said...

Perfect timing, catching the gull in the picture too :)

photowannabe said...

Like your composition of the gull and bridge. Great choice of wording "bridge soaring" I like that.

Wanda said...

Yes, He is marvelous...in flight, and he knows it!!!

Isadora said...

:) You have to be dedicated - that's all I can say - to be standing out there. The seagull is so beautiful.

Olivier said...

une belle photo et une belle prise avec cet oiseau, bravo


A beautiful picture and a nice prize with the bird, bravo

Lynette said...

You're right up there with your usual great standard of photography, shot selections and facts. Thanks, Steve. You're helping me to be not so homesick for the South.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

your pic and words remind me of one of my fav. books, Steve....not too hard to guess, I reckon......"Jonathan Livingston Seagull" by Richard Bach :)