Saturday, December 29, 2007

Fading in the fog

The fog is rolling in off the river -- blurring and covering. Landmarks are slowly fading to gray. Not much to get your bearings by. But look for the taller things. They stand out. The Steamboat Natchez is still there, tall in the fog.

While it may slow down river traffic. The fog here on the Moonwalk in the French Quarter of New Orleans adds a romantic air.

--steve buser

Lagniappe -- ( a little something extra)

Alluvially speaking it spills into Trinity Bay and makes its way to the Gulf of Mexico. Hydrologically speaking a dam and channel control the flow.

Geographically speaking it is a source of water that supports the tourism and industry of Houston.

But we're speaking pixelly here, and I just thought it was an interesting shot.

Today on Pixel Eyed

12 comments:

Janet said...

Vintage New Orleans!
It does have a Deep South romantic touch.

alice said...

What a nice photo! But I would not want to be on a boat with such a weather...

photowannabe said...

That is such a magical picture Steve. I like how the fog makes everything dreamlike.
Just wanted to wish you and yours a very Happy New Year. Looking forward to more posts in 2008.

Annie said...

I do love a foggy day when I am able to walk. I don't love a foggy day if I am driving.

Wanda said...

You "fog" pictures captivate me...I dream of being there!
Another great shot!

Janet said...

Hi again. Just wanted to say that the Spanish Moss photo on my blog doesn't have ice. It just looks that way. Thanks for visiting.

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

I wish I were there in such a marvelous spot (even if mine was not bad at all).
Happy new year.
Très bonne année 2008.

Anonymous said...

I just deleted some photos of the Steamboat Natchez from my archives. I never saw it shrouded in fog like this. I suppose that might have something to do with it staying there and not out on the river.

Jilly said...

Gorgeous. I agree it adds a romantic air. Love the atmosphere of this shot.

Gwen said...

Very atmospheric, could be a still from a film noir, suspense scene.

GMG said...

Hi Steve!
It’s amazing! Yesterday there was also some fog here in Lisbon and I took some pictures where only higher buildings could be seen; no Natchez, regrettably... ;(
Wish you a very happy, healthy and successful 2008!
Blogtrotter

sam said...

what a stunning atmospheric shot! I have always fancied a trip in a paddle steamer!