Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Behold

Rising from the waters
I thought this sign was very appropos for a time when the city is rebuilding and come back. Katrina left high water marks on 80% of the houses and buildings in the city. That mean that virtually ever builiding is getting a make over. There are a lot of people not happy with the pace but the fact is that a recent study found that nearly 2/3 of the city's population is back.

A lot remains to be done. But as you drive around, every day you see signs of normalcy return.
And it feels good.

Happy 200th to me
New Orleans Daily Photo is 200 -- this is my 200th post. This adventure began back in April. Hope you have enjoyed the ride

-steve buser

Lagniappe



On Pixel Eyed today, the fruit of the work day is wrapped up in this cloth.

8 comments:

Jilly said...

Congratulations Steve on your 200th! Yes really enjoy the ride with you and look forward to many more visits to your always interesting blog of an amazing city.

Marie said...

Congratulations, Steve!

The sign is very appropriate and I am very happy that things are returning to normalcy in NO, a city that I love.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Steve. I think time flies when you are having fun. 200 is a lot of time and photos.

I have been working on my website and just added some horses. I don't know if you have been there or not. http://www.oldmanlincoln.com/

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Happy 200th indeed! I have loved your photos and will try to pop in more often, it's hard getting round so many good blogs isn't it!
That sign is good and hopeful.

• Eliane • said...

WHOO-HOO!!! Happy 200th Steve! You are an inspiration. What a great accomplishment: 200 post of your beautiful city which we are never tired of seeing. Congratulations!!

Wanda said...

Congratulations...wow 200! Also I love the sign. It says it all. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. 80% of the buildings? That's quite incredible really...
Planet Earth Daily Photo
.

Janet said...

Congrats on your 200th post! Wow! I am enjoying visiting New Orleans, and yes that sign is very appropriate!