Thursday, November 15, 2007

I just can wait to be king

























I just can't wait for a parade
I think it is quite possible that I am suffering from early symptoms of "parade depravation." It is a serious medical condition in New Orleans this time of the year. It's been a long time since the last big parade and Mardi Gras is creepy up, but is not here yet. So, to push back the effects and reclaim my sanity, I dug up this picture of a lion from the St. Patrick's Day parade on St. Charles Avenue earlier this year. Perhaps you, too, are suffering from "parade depravation" and it will have a healing effect on you, too.

--steve buser

Lagniappe
I tried to resist, but it took hold of me. I mean, a photographer is a just a conduit -- the picture flows through him/her. And after all the sign was there, waiting for my camera -- on Pixel Eyed, today.

6 comments:

Gwen said...

Cute lion parade photograph, shadows deepen the image too...was this part of a float? For those of us who have never seen a Mardi Gras parade, early request for complete details and photographs :).

dot said...

I grew up near Mobile (home of the first Mardi Gras) so I've been to a few parades. They are such fun!

Olivier said...

le roi lion est de retour et il est superbe


Lion King is back and it is superb

Wanda said...

Love the Lion.

I will be posting a watercolor of a Lion and cub on my Wed. ABC Art post when I get to the letter "L".

I also love a parade.

Jules said...

I actually can't wait to be Queen!!!

Roll on mardi gras - can't wait to experience it thru your eyes!!!

lv2scpbk said...

Your post reminded me of the song, "King of the Forest" on the Wizard of Oz. It's been airing all week and my grandson watches it about everyday.