Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Boisterous fury



I cannot explain to you why I never posted this picture that I took last April. I was just standing out in the parking lot when a late afternoon thunderstorm was beating its breast and trying to swallow the sun. At the right on the bottom is a tree that stood with me against the storm.

The storm is, of course, gone now. Despite all its fury and roaring, I have reduced it to a few black, red and yellow tones.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.


--steve buser

Technorati Tags: , , ,

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely colors in that threatening sky, Steve. I don't know why you never did post it for one of Tom's old Sky Watch things.

brattcat said...

Magnificent, Steve.

Sarabeth said...

Beautiful, Steve. Just fabulous.

Virginia said...

I couldn't have held onto this fabulous photo one day. It is surely amazing. Well done Steve.
V

Sharon said...

That is a gorgeous sky and very threatening. I'm glad it passed with no harm done.

Unknown said...

This is a fantastic shot full of drama! Beautiful!

Eki said...

This truly looks magnificent, Steve!

A rather belated HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and all the best wishes for 2009.

Your yesterday's photo is easily my fave ... one of the best I've seen in CDBP!

Jane Hards Photography said...

I love the title, really tells the story of the image,

gogouci said...

Very dramatic sky. Nice catch.

Ms M said...

Great photo. Reminds me of fierce storm clouds we'd get in the midwest (where I grew up). My brother and I used to run outside to watch the storm blow in (and watch for tornadoes). Amazing, intense.

Wanda said...

I remember a song I learned as a small child "Back of the Clouds, the Sun is always shining"

What a sky.....thank you...

Sterl the Pearl's Daily Pics of Boulder said...

wow-zer....great energy

Lynette said...

Wow! What a photo, Steve. Thanks for posting it.

Jilly said...

This is a stunner. One to be printed and hung on a wall.

raf said...

Wow, nice work in bringing out the dramatic beauty of that thunderstorm! Exceptional!