Monday, January 26, 2009

You gotta go da Mardi Gras


There is still some chance, albeit slight, that you have not yet got your Mardi Gras on and are therefore not ready for the big one.

So, I have stepped forward and taken on the task of reminding you of what it feels like to be in the biggest party in the world. This is a seen from the Krewe of Toth Parade last year. The site is on Magazine Street and the crowd as you can see if mostly family oriented. Still, yelling and screaming for the perfect pair of beads or the most desired trinket is
de rigeur


If you want a feel for the music "et tout" check out this youtube.com of Professor Longhair


--steve buser


, , , ,

4 comments:

Virginia said...

Never been to Mardi Gras but would LOVE TO> Let thet good times roll.
V

Hilda said...

Oooh! Family-oriented or the young crowd, I'd love to be able to go to one of your Mardi Gras parties!
_____
Please vote for the March theme, if you haven't yet. And please help spread the word too! :)

Anonymous said...

I have always enjoyed the special coverage of the Mardi Gras when it happens on television. I am not sure I could cope with all that activity there on the spot. Well, maybe I could when I was younger but not anymore. Nice photography.

Debbie Courson Smith said...

I love that family view. That's not what the "news" usually shows us.