Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sky Climber, how high can you climb?


Our grandson really had a lot of fun on this playground in Audubon Park, right next to St. Charles Avenue and across the street from Tulane University.

You remember those days, don't you? When you were testing your muscles and your nerves. Learning just how far you could push that fear thing. It made you feel powerful and alive.

Why don't we continue living like that as we get older?


--steve buser

Be sure to check out my bee photo on my Southeast Texas Blog today

, , , , ,

6 comments:

gogouci said...

Looks like you have a budding adrenaline junkie on your hands. I've stopped pushing my fear and physical tolerances once my knees started to creak or maybe it was my hips. No, no, it was definitely the lower back.

Sterl the Pearl's Daily Pics of Boulder said...

i love this one as i am a mother of a three yr old boy who climbs all over. i find that before i had him, i had lost a bit of youth, now that he is in my life, i am loving the play-doh, crawling around like a dinosaur, eating mac and cheese and making moo sounds with glee. Kids bring out the best, don't they?

Janet said...

I love this photo. I used to take pictures of my little ones climbing on things at the playground. I guess we quit trying such things because we get dizzy as we age!

Halcyon said...

I think those who haven't lost that ability are busy with extreme sports!

Anonymous said...

I haven't even climbed a step ladder in ages. I get up and then can't easily get back down.

I would rather be doing most anything except sitting in the house looking at the sun shine on all this snow. Eating cookies sounds good to me.

I don't know about you, but my head reels with ideas and things I either want to do, should do, or wish I did — that I don't have much time left to do anything but take a nap.

Carpe Diem!

Abraham Lincoln's Blog

Wanda said...

Don't kids love this. I like watching my grandsons to these feats of hights....

Nice shot.