Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Prima Pelican


I know you won't believe again, so I won't even try to convince you. Let me just put out my case the way it happened. I report, you decide.

I had set up this shot to shoot this group of houses on the Mandeville lakeshore (across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans.) It was a foggy day and I thought the birds in the foreground (maybe midground) would make a great contrast with the foggy, fuzzy houses.

I shot one photo and was adjusting my camera up a little bit to better center it, when this brown pelican in the middle flies in and sits right near the middle. I guess he was jealous of the seagulls getting all the notoriety.

Anyway, the fog wasn't thick enough for much fuziness, but I think the picture turned out okay in spite of that.

--steve buser

, , , , , , ,

7 comments:

gogouci said...

Wow, what luck and nice capture.

Ms M said...

Really like the mood of this shot. And a great catch with the pelican!

Wanda said...

Steve, don't you know you can never trust a pelican???


Great shot....

Jane Hards Photography said...

I'm just so jealous. The only pelican I can get is the one that escapes once a year from the wildlife park.

brattcat said...

Fantastic shot, Steve.

Anonymous said...

Oh Man, you are my favorite pelican shooter! This is such a great photograph it almost looks like 2 or even 3 separate pictures.
Way to go.
Editilla~New Orleans Ladder

teahouse said...

Gorgeous!!