Tuesday, January 13, 2009

N'awlins Icon


St. Louis Cathedral by twilight.  The grand ole Cathedral is the de-facto visual icon of New Orleans.   It is fun to take pictures of the church from different angles -- plenty easy to do, because it sets across from Jackson Square and you can easily see it from the Moon Walk, along the Mississippi River.

I thought that I had posted more about it.  I suppose I forgot to add a label here and there. But here are a couple of old posts with more photos and/or information on the cathedral.

Hot time in the Quarter
Strike up the band. Draw near the crowd.
Fading
Holy ground

-- steve buser

PS.  I picked up on a new blog  New Orleans Vacations.  It's really well done and well written.  I added it to my blog list (on the column to the right, down a ways).  Check it out.

13 comments:

Debbie Courson Smith said...

Looks like Cinderella's castle.

gogouci said...

Absolutely beautiful evening shot.

Scott Johnson said...

Outstanding! It is so good to see that even after all that has happened with NOLA the grandeur of this icon still inspires.

Virginia said...

Gorgeous Steve. Looks like all my memories of NOLA from my youth.
V

Lynette said...

Lovely, simply lovely, Steve. Thanks for posting it for all of us to enjoy.

brattcat said...

stunning shot, steve. it catches you at the portal and gathers you in.

Sharon said...

This is just beautiful. There is a commercial being played on TV the past few weeks that features New Orleans. I have no idea what the commercial advertises but I distinctly remember the scenes of a couple stopping in front of this church. This is such a beautiful spot.

Lori said...

amazing night shot... I loved visiting Jackson Square

padiwack said...

Hi there, I am a newbie. I am thrilled to find your journal!

Anonymous said...

Nice photo and it does look like a castle.

Jane Hards Photography said...

It does look like a faitytale castle. Gorgeous deep blues tones,

Unknown said...

Beautiful photo of the cathedral!

Thanks for the new link!

Hilda said...

Very distinctive landmark. Lovely evening shot!