Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Blues in the French Quarter

Ever thought about painting your shutters bright blue? Never crossed my mind. I have seen a few bright blue shutter photos on other City Daily Photo blogs recently and it got me to looking around. We were down in the Vieux Carre' (French Quarter) recently when I noticed this blue and yellow design.

On another note. I promised not to complain about the weather. But I thought I would bring you a few more updates, because weather blogs seemed to have exploded on the City Daily Photo sites. And why not, with three active tropical system, the hotest weather ever sprouting up everywhere, flooding and more. Some posts of note:

Department Store -- Little Rock (AK) Daily Photo

The Return of Rain -- Baton Rouge (LA) Daily Photo

Have You Heard of Hurricane Flossie? --Wailea, Hawaii Daily Photo

the temperature on the parking lot was 107! -- Van Buren (AK) Daily Photo

Hay making near South Shields -- South Shields Daily Photo (UK)

The hottest season in Japan -- Tokyo, Japan Daily Photo

Tropical Storm Erin -- Brownsville (TX) Daily Photo

--steve buser

11 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

I like how you have your reading material set up for other sites. Nice. I've seen blue shutters around our area. I like how colorful it is though.

Anonymous said...

Brookville, Ohio

"condemned"

M.Benaut said...

Howdy Steve,
I want to say that I am most grateful for your comments the other day on my blog. The tip about Google Earth referencing is so sensible and I will implement it at the next opportunity.
I have noticed that Eric at PDP has a method of directly linking a position so that when you click on a link, Google takes you straight there, without having to start-up Google Earth.
Was this what you meant. I will do some research and see how to do it.
Thank you again.

Waldo Oiseau said...

Those colorful contrasts of bright colors is one of my favorite things about New Orleans ... really one of the only places you'll see such bright shutters in the US.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

Here in Florida, we get to see such colors in the artsy and touristy parts of towns....they always make neat pics....i love tropical colors though the heat is unbearable!!!

NorthBayPhoto said...

Great colours! Hope your heat wave breaks soon.

Jules said...

I love the blue shutters!!!

I am finding it amazing that we are having very pleasant weather here in the tropics compared to so many other bloggers - i guess you are hanging out for the cooler weather!!!!

photowannabe said...

Love the colors on this building. It makes a great photo shot.
I hope your weather will take a peaceful and cooler turn.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

You know, I like the blue look. :)
The heat up hear is suposed to cool down due to your bad weather down there. We'll see.

• Eliane • said...

For some reasons, anytime I see blue shitters I think Greece!!!!

Janet said...

I think the blue is very effective here, but then blue is my favorite color!