Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Hoist the main sail, the race is on

You're back on the lakefront in Mandeville again, and they have a regata going out past the break water. You'll need a good lens to capture the action. But, with plenty of sails and a little bravery you can get a good pic. Bravery? Well, the closest shot to that action is to walk out on the jetty. It's about a foot and a half wide and 300 feet long.

Out there with the water all around you, the taste and smell of the lake envelopes you and you immerse yourself in the feeling of sailing. The gentle breeze swells your sail. The race is on.

--steve buser

10 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

I felt like I could do some meditation with your post. Sounded relaxing. I love your photo and I like that colorful sail on the right.

Jilly said...

Looks choppy. Super photo - sure we are going to win!

Anonymous said...

Very nice photograph, Steve. I feel the salt spray on my lips.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Chuckeroon said...

A real sea shot..you can smell it, as Abe said.

marie6 said...

I always like boat photos. Bet the race is good fun.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

:) i wanna join in too!!!

photowannabe said...

Well, me too....this is a lovely relaxing picture. Would be a nice boat to sail on.

isa said...

Count me in!

Jules said...

The smell of the salt air,
the wind in my hair .....

....gosh, it has made me come over all poetic!!

Nice shot Steve - we appreciate your efforts to share the moment with us.

Linda said...

I can feel the wind on my face and smell the ocean. Wonderful shot.