Thursday, August 9, 2007

Slow sundown sashay

What is your favorite time for that daily walk along the lakefront? Is it that long-shadow time as the sun is fluffing up it's pillow for the night.

Here, two couples enjoy the stroll along Mandeville's lakefront. You can still get a glimpse of the sun under the canopy of the 100-year-old Live Oak trees, but the shadows stretch for dozens of yards across the grass carpet. It's a bit cooler than the afternoon, but still the humidity keeps your walk to slow stroll.. as they say in New Orleans, a slow sashay.

--steve buser

9 comments:

Janet said...

"Sashay" is the perfect word for this!

Anonymous said...

Humidity is the evil part of heat. Nice photo.

lv2scpbk said...

I love getting up early in the morning to go for walks. I like that it's still quiet and there isn't alot of cars along the road. Nice photo.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

oh it's my favorite time of the day ...no matter what i am going through somehow watching the sun go down calms me.....and when it comes to weather, its the same sticky situation in evenings here .....

very pretty photo, Steve. I could imagine myself sitting down there under the shade of stately Oaks watching people as they "sashay" along the lakefront :)

Jules said...

I agree rambling around - i am now going to use this term on my late afternoon walks in the humidity.
Sashay - how lovely - but i think i may need a parosol.

Randall said...

They may "sashay" in Mandeville, but down on Frenchman Street, we chassé!

travelphilippines said...

awwww sweeet pic.

Marcin said...

HI Steve. Finally have a bit time to visit other blogs.
Lovely pics like usually. And this beignets looks so great. I think I got hungry. ;))

JaamZIN said...

ohh these long shadows give a special mood to the late afternoons. Wonderful picture!