Thursday, September 27, 2007

The band's public image

Everybody loves a marching band. The tuba player was carrying along this image of his band as he marched down St. Charles Avenue last Mardi Gras.

I never did the marching band thing in school but my wife did -- I never thought how hard it was to march 8 or 10 miles in stuffy clothes in the heat, or in a cold blowing wind. I guess if you haven't done it, you can't appreciate the dedication it takes.

-- steve buser

Fall pictures are starting to show up on City Daily Photo blogs --
Hanging On! -- Not By A Long Shot
Reprise!! -- Ajaccio daily photo
Fall Color at Pumpkinland -- Sequim Daily Photo

14 comments:

Jilly said...

That's one great shot, Steve. Well done.

Chris said...

Great shot, Steve!
I always wanted to be in the band, but I played piano... It would have been hard to march and push that thing!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I couldn't figure it out until I read your comments -- and then I felt like an idiot! It's so obvious! :)

Anonymous said...

Good eye in catching the reflection of the band in the tuba. Like lessie, I didn't know what it was till I read what you said.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

oh wow!!!! very unique touch to a band shot, Steve and yay i featured on your blog for a second time in 2 days :DDDDD

Wanda said...

That is a wonderful view from the Tuba!! I never marched in a band, but I was the High School Mascot and had to wear a hot "Bulldog" outfit in parades.

Annie said...

How did you do that? Through a hubcap? No, through a tuba! Who would have guessed.

Tara said...

Very original shot!

photowannabe said...

Great shot. Very unique. I marched in the band all through high school. Its wearing, challanging and fun too.

Lavenderlady said...

Thank you for the link, Steve. that was very nice.

This is quite a photo you published today! Nice job.

• Eliane • said...

Steve, this is a clever shot! It is a bit mysterious at first. I had no idea what is was until I read your commentary. Then it was crystal clear. Very cool!!

dr. filomena said...

Oriiginal shot, Steve. Love the "vibes" it produces. Well done...
Thanks for sharing
Alenka
/Ljubljana, Slovenia/

GMG said...

Wow Steve, great picture. Always loved to see and ear tubas; just wonder how can someone carry it and play...
Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog. I just left Bali and I’m posting on Singapore at Blogtrotter.
Enjoy, and have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

As everybody say : great shot, Steve!!!