Friday, September 28, 2007

Bayou Bienvenue

This slip flows out into the Bayou Bienvenue area in St. Bernard Parish -- east of New Olreans. You can see the shrimp boat in the center with its net up. The area of swamps, marshes and shallow lakes outside the levee system is an abundant source of shrimp and seafood.

This area along Paris Road also has an assortment of small boat repair yards. Note the house far out in the distance. It's either well built to have survived Hurricane Katrina, or its a new house.

-- steve buser

Other boating scenes on City Daily Photo Blogs today:

Berowa Waters Car Ferry -- Sydney Daily Photo
Guess Who Was Happy -- Joensuu Daily Photo
Reflection -- San Diego Daily Photo
View From My Window -- Rabaul Daily Photo
West Pier Brighton Photo -- Brighton Daily Photo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your visit my blog and this link too!

We really have a different kind shores and fishes too.
No floods, not even bad storms, but winters of course are making a little trouble here :))

Have a nice Sunday !

Marie said...

Was it a special day for boating photos, Steve ?

I didn't post photos of boats but of ducks, which has something to do with water anyway :-))

• Eliane • said...

See? Summer is not over yet!! ;)
I think I can see the shrimp boat... Yum!!!

duopastorale said...

Seems a million miles away from busy London. I love the snail comment! Thanks.

Chris said...

I have always wanted to own a boat, but then my practical side (the one that would have to do the upkeep and such on it) takes over. . . . .So! I love photos of boats and docks and such. Thanks for the fix today!

Lynette said...

What a beautiful photo, so clear, such a great reflection.

CaBaCuRl said...

Beautiful harbour photo, the water is so glassy. Here in Australia,shrimps are called prawns, and I LOVE 'em!! The boats look pretty much the same though.