Thursday, October 9, 2008

Excercise time

Okay, class, this is today's exercise. Stand on one foot. Make a claw out of the other. Now reach down and scratch your belly with your nose.

Come on. I am hearing too much complaining. If this tri-colored heron can do it, you should be able to do it too. This is the easy part. Next we will flap out wings to balance ourselves while we switch feet.

Just another day in the life of a heron -- doing what seems impossible. This was at Lafreniere Park in Metairie, La.

-- steve buser

7 comments:

Debbie Courson Smith said...

Looks like yoga to me.

Wanda said...

Steve, I did it, I did it.... Oh excuse me I'm on my way to the doctor, by leg and claw are stuck.... HELP!!!

Don't try this at home!!!!

Your narative made me laugh out loud....thanks Steve.

Laurie Allee said...

Ha! Great shot and commentary, Steve.

Greyhound Girl said...

I was doing fine until the nose-to-tummy part....

Great shot!

Anonymous said...

great post today. Birds are just amazing to watch.

Sharon said...

If only I was flexible enough to do this! The standing on one foot is a challenge all by itself.

sandy said...

Very nice photo..