Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The great Louisiana purchase on Magazine Street

Magazine Street again. Treasure galore. How about a pair of medieval looking shields. One can never have too much protection these days. And they do bring a sense of stability and permanance to any room. A sense of history and chivalry. Perfect accent pieces if you ask me.

Magazine Street in New Orleans is about a 3.5 mile stretch of shopping opportunities. I am counting the section from about Nashville Avenue to abut in the Felicity Street area. It continues further on downtown, but that has a different character. And it continues on the other end through Audubon Park, but that, too is a different, though scenic part of the street.

Magazine Street takes you back a few years to the time of one-car families, pedestrians, family-owned shops, and family restaurants. It's fun to just park, walk, browse and shop the boutiques, antique shops, galleries and all.

--steve buser

9 comments:

Debbie Courson Smith said...

Looks like fascinating "window shopping."

Profile Not Available said...

Neat! I think they might be a necessary addition to a shared bedroom in our house...

Anonymous said...

This is an interesting post, Steve. Nice reading too.

I am doing something different on my Gordon, Ohio blog. I set out to photograph and describe every house in the village where I was born.

Gordon, Ohio

Wanda said...

My grandsons are in to swords and shields....they would love them.

Greyhound Girl said...

I like these! And this si the most interesting shopping trip I've been on for awhile!

teahouse said...

Oh, how I miss my Magazine Street!

photowannabe said...

It sounds like my kind of place. Small town type businesses and lots of great window shopping.

Jules said...

Steve - I am so into the Age of Chivalry.

Do you have one of yourself in mesh? A girl always needs a knight in Shining Armour!!!!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

so you went blue or you went red?? :)