Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Eye popping shopping on Magazine Street

Pop your room with color. What about this Chinese dragon I found in the window at The Private Collection on Magazine Street in Uptown New Orleans. No one will ever talk about your house being boring again. I didn't ask about the price, I was pretty sure I couldn't afford it.

The Private Collection is one of a number of boutiques along Magazine Street -- a shopping corridor that was spared the flooding from Katrina. Art galleries, antique shops and more line the New Orleans Street.

See. I told you we would get back to shopping on Magazine Street. Just wait, there's more tomorrow.


--steve buser

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the shops on Magazine Street, and the restaurants too! In fact, the whole garden district is somewhere we always love to tour.

Looking forward to tomorrow's post.
Diane

Guy D said...

Wow, awesome pic, Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful and very eye-catching piece! It looks more indonesian than chinese to me, but I may be completely wrong...

Hilda said...

Eye-popping alright! Eye-catching too! I just had to visit when I saw the thumbnail in the portal — what's a Chinese dragon doing in New Orleans? ;) Sounds like I'm going to love that street!

Anonymous said...

This is quite a nice photograph, Steve. It does show all of the details often found on these kinds of dragons. I remember some in Japan that were pretty exotic too.

Profile Not Available said...

This is indeed eye popping! The color and detail are something to behold!

Greyhound Girl said...

That would certainly be a conversation piece in any household.