Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oyster stewing

This is real simple. However, that doesn't make it any less of a real predicament.

Let me just state it real simple and plain: I am STEWING over the fact that I haven't had raw oysters in a while. This is the already the second month with an "r" in it.

(The traditional time for oysters in New Orleans is the month with "r" in them. Those are the cooler months. The hot months May, June, July and August have no 'r.' Of course, September is a hot month too, but you can only go so long before cravings beat out the "rules.")

-- steve buser

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son sent me a photo of what he calls his oyster business but I can't show it on my blog. Still, compared to your showing, I would have to declare your oyster better looking than his.

Anonymous said...

well i didnt know such thing exist in world.

Wanda said...

I would like to try one... I've never had a raw oyster.

Anonymous said...

Since you're a fan of oysters, check out our oyster contest at marxfood.com. We're giving away 4 dozen fresh puget sound oysters to the person who best answers: "What would you do with 48 free oysters?" This is a great contest both for oyster lovers and people who would like to try a variety of oysters for the first time.