Friday, October 24, 2008

Sundown symphony

Would you get mad at me, if we took a quick break almost as soon as we got started? I know I promised you some exciting shopping down Magazine Street, but I just have to show you this picture I took yesterday coming home in the Jeanerette area on Highway 190.

There was cool front pushing through and as I came north on Highway 90 toward Lafayette, dark clouds of the cool front were starting to clear. The sun took its cue and composee a full length sunset symphony that lasted from about 6 to 7. The sugar cane fields were broad and flat -- affording a panoramic view.

We will get back to shopping in tomorrow's post. I never did a Sky Watch Friday, post, and decided it was time I did. Click the link to see more exciting sky photos.


--steve buser

13 comments:

alice said...

Wonderful shot and light!

Small City Scenes said...

Of course you have to take this picture. It is just too beautiful not to. great shot. MB

Tanya Breese said...

Who can blame you, this is gorgeous! Happy skywatch!

Hope said...

Your Skywatch photo is stunning! I think you made the right decision! I see this is your first skywatch post. Today is my first skywatch post also. Like you I have posted sky photos in the past and even have posted on Fridays, but have never linked to the Skyley site. It should be fun!

PeacefulChaos said...

beautiful photo ... breathtaking yellows!

Wanda said...

"Silver and Gold have I none"... it all belongs to God... and he shares it in his sky, and let's Steve show us it glory.

Thanks Steve... stunning.

Sharon said...

Very beautiful! I'm glad you captured it.

photowannabe said...

This was worth taking a break. Truly a symphony of color.

Anonymous said...

It is a cool shot.

Today (October 25th) in my birthday. I am 74 years old.

Greyhound Girl said...

Of this is definitely worth the break! glorious.

D said...

Wow, who could be mad about that beautiful break?!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

beautiful light, lovely image and poetic title :)

Arija said...

Shopping, what shopping, with a sky like that, who cares about shopping!