Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A new sunrise in our lives

They say that a photo reveals a lot about a photographer. Well, this one does, but only because of its rarity. This, I think, is the first sunrise picture I have posted on New Orleans Daily Photo.
That is because they have sunrise at the wrong time. If it were in the middle of the day, it would be a more convenient time for me to shoot pictures. But they always seem to have it right at the end of the night before I wake up.

That said, this is a very appropriate shot for our lives. Linda and I have moved back to Beaumont, TX. The opportunity came up suddenly and she had to be at her old job quickly. She used to work for Rita Recovery -- a Methodist program to help needy people recover from Hurricane Rita. Before the recovery was complete, there is now a need for recovery from Hurricane Ike. Including areas like Chambers County and the Bolivar Peninsula which took the surge head on. Also, Bridge City which had about 3,500 homes and only 15 of them were not flooded.

So it we are waking up to a new sunrise.

I will keep posting on this site, but probably less frequently. In a few days, I plan on getting a new site going on Southeast Texas...first, though, give me a few days to unpack... Please. Or as our grandson Sullivan says "Pleeeeeeezzze."

--steve buser

15 comments:

Sharon said...

Good luck on the move and the new location. I'll be watching for the new site. It's always fun to start something new.

Profile Not Available said...

Steve, your photos of cloudy skies are always so beautiful! I love reading your posts, and I will miss them here, but look forward to reading them at your new site. Please email me the link if you can so I can add it to my list!

Sarabeth said...

Fare thee well, Steve.

Laurie Allee said...

Texas, my home state! Settle in, Steve, and then get going on that new site! I can't wait to see your pictures from Beaumont and around South Texas.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Dad!

Halcyon said...

Good luck in Texas!!! I will miss my daily dose of the coast, but I'll be sure to check out your new blog.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful skies with us.

Lothiane said...

Beautiful photo! Sunrises are lovely... although early. ;)

The best of luck with your new start! I hope you'll link to your new blog when it's ready, I'd like to visit. :)

Lothiane from
Oslo Daily Photo

Greyhound Girl said...

First- this is a stunning sunrise- and i do have to agree that they come as such an inconvienient time of day!

next, I wish you good luck on your move and your new adventure!

I'll miss your New Orleans blog- you were my link to the The Big Easy- what am I gonna do without you there???

All that being said, I cannot wait to visit Texas each day!

New Orleans Eric said...

I just found your blog yesterday and sorry to see you go! I will cehck in from time to time to see what is new or old.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

Good luck and I'll love to see SE Texas from your lens.....

Wanda said...

I hope this moves proves to be the best move ever!

I have so enjoyed your blog on New Orleans....but I will follow you to Texas, as I enjoy whatever you post.

Having just moved in April from a home of 27 years, I know what you will be going through!!

Good luck in all those changes.
Will be looking forward to your new blog, and new pictures and stories.

BTW ~~ the photo is stunning.

Anonymous said...

I can tell you that the sunrise out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean is just as nice as the sunsets. You captured a nice one to be sure.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I have sunsets more than sunrises for the same reason. Absolutely spectacular.

Hope said...

I have truly enjoyed your New Orleans blog...even though I only recently discovered your site. This is a beautiful sunrise photo...I agree it is hard to capture them as that is the moment we are just waking or at least preparing for the day to come.

I wish you & your wife best wishes on your move to Texas. Looking forward to your new blog!

sandy said...

Beautiful photo. A move is always an adventure, good luck.