Monday, July 9, 2007

Crossing the Crescent City Connection.

It's Monday morning and time for the commute to work. This is the Crescent City Connection Bridge that connects the East Bank (where downtown is located) with the West Bank -- a more suburban location. While I live on the East Bank, my travels take me to the other side a lot.

I love driving back across this bridge -- it crosses just a few blocks from downtown and presents a spectacular view of the skyscrapers. The first exit into downtown, literally dropping several hundred feet in a winding ramp at the foot of the bridge.

At night, the bridge has lights along the top -- that makes it one of the most recognizable sites of the city from afar.

Hope your commute today is smooth and scenic.

--steve buser

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo Steve and interesting reading to go with it.

Thank you for your visits to my blog.


Brookville Daily Photo

Ele ^_^ said...

Nice shot, that brige looks really nice! ^^

IamtheMom said...

great photo, looks kind of retro. Do you have an effect on it? Once again, you are a great photographer!

Judy Thorne said...

I see the CCC on my commute from Slidell into New Orleans East from Bayou Sauvage. It's a pretty neat site across the swamp.

alice said...

I wish you a good week, Steve, and thank you for visiting my little blog.

Anonymous said...

I really like your bridge photo...looks very cinematic!

Jules said...

My first visit to your blog - have enjoyed looking at all your very interesting previous posts!!
I hate to say but I am still on holidays (at home) and am just about to walk down the beach to do my Open Water Dive Certifictae - so my commute to work will be very pleasant today!!!!
Please pop in and visit me at Rabaul Daily Blog sometime!!

Tara said...

Neat shot! It doesn't look as if there was much traffic on the CCC...

Dijah said...

Beautiful photo.

NorthBayPhoto said...

Nice photo. As for commuting, North Bay has a population of 54,000 so not much of a problem with the "morning drive commute"!

dot said...

Love the photo and I agree that it looks kind of retro. If you have to go to work it helps to have an interesting drive along the way.
Thanks for your visit a few days ago.

Shorty said...

I love all the lines on this photo. A night shot would be great too. :D

Sunkyoung said...

Nice colour! I'd like to cross this bridge driving a convertible car.