Thursday, July 26, 2007

Shooting the breeze

Passing the time, the ferry's motion providing the breeze.

This group of bikers returns to Algiers Point after a day in the city. The Algiers ferry is a real treat connecting the central business district of New Orleans with the time-preserved Algiers Point which seems a century away. St. Louis Cathedral, Jackson Brewery and other landmarks slide away quickly across the river.

This marks post #97 for New Orleans Daily Photo. I guess we're officially on the count down toward 100.

--steve buser

9 comments:

Olivier said...

beau jeu d'ombres, on pourrait croire voir des statues


beautiful set of shades, one could believe to see statues

Anonymous said...

Great image, Steve.


Planet Earth Daily Photo
.

NorthBayPhoto said...

Great shot of the river.

Your post of the plane landing earlier this week is also great. What a unique view coming in over the swamp and trees.

Janet said...

A ferry ride! Thanks for taking it for us. Will look forward to your 100th post.

Neva said...

I haven't been on the ferry yet but I will next time I get there!

GMG said...

Great picture!
As I'm not sure I'll be able to visit on Sunday, the presumable 100th, may I congratulate in advance or is there any superstition linked to it?
Have a great weekend; I'm heading to the beach in Algarve!

lv2scpbk said...

Nice shot of the river view.

That made me laugh when you said my photo of my duck was doing the chicken dance. Never thought of that.

Anonymous said...

Is everyone chilled out in New Orleans? To me this place evokes mysticism and magic.

Joy
Norwich Daily Photo

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

Greetings from Florida....am glad to see New orleans through your eyes.....and advanced congratulatory wishes for the upcoming 100th post....:)