Sunday, July 8, 2007

Savoring the summer simmer

It's summer time and that means barbeque. These skewers of onions, bell peppers and pork medalions get a watchful eye from my brother-in-law, Von (below). In the rear, are corn ears simmering in aluminum foil.

Some of the best eating you can imagine. Of course there was also boiled shrimp, shrimp sausage ( a new one for me, buttery new potatoes and... I better stop here, my doctor may be reading).

Hope your summer includes something savory and time to unwind with the family.

-steve buser

6 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

That looks like some good grilled food.

Kekiinani said...

Yum yum yum on the grilled corn... :) Not much for pork but that does look like it would be excellent.. :) :)

alice said...

The weather is so bad here, the rain comes so often to water us...that our skewers most often end into the ...oven in the kitchen :-( . Bon appétit anyway!

dot said...

Yummy! I love to eat food cooked on the grill. Sounds like you had a low country boil cooked on the grill!

Shorty said...

Those look great. I'll have to have my sis try some like that next time she grills. Today we just had plain ol' burgers on the grill. :D

hpy said...

That sure looks good. Especially for someone who is experiencing such a lousy rainy summer that there has been no barbecueing as yet.
And thanks for your visit and coments on my blog.