Saturday, July 28, 2007

The glow lives...

Carnival Cruise Lines announced this week that they had extended their contract for cruise ships to call at the Port of New Orleans. So I decided to pull out this photo that seems to show how the cruise ships fit into the New Orleans culture. There is no doubt that sailing from a port such as New Orleans can extend the fun a day or two before you embark or after you disembark. (or both) ... Keep the glow alive.

We did a cruise from here in November down to the Yucatan Peninsula. It was a week of pure pleasure. I know they have a chair down there sitting in the shallow beach water with my name on it.

The photo below is just to remind myself of how beautiful it all was.
--steve buser

6 comments:

Chuckeroon said...

Seeing ships obscured like that is always arresting...makes you do a double take.

Tks for dropping in on R u T DP...ref that sign: it's well placed and has an enormous footfall (motorised and walking). The double irony is this...the sign is run by Clearchannel, but immediately behind my stand point is the UK HQ of their arch rival J C Decaux! So, another million words (un-seen) there, too.

travelphilippines said...

i have a friend working in carnival ship he is a captain of seabourn ship.

Marie said...

Wow, I'd like to embark on such a cruise :-)

Jules said...

I'm still trying to work out the first photo - very interesting!!!

The second shot looks like you have called in to visit me!!!1

Annie said...

Oh to be in the city, watching the ship come in, go out. It would be dreamy to get on one and end up in the Yucatan. I'd try to find your chair there.

julia said...

imaginative and the romance of the cruise as well. Know anything about cars that have been submerged? (hurricanes) My husband purchased a luxury model that was in our local floods, I guess it will occupy his spare time for months!