Sunday, July 22, 2007

Light a candle


It does look like a big birthday cake with a candle on top doesn't it? That's the New Orleans World Trade Center -- dating back to its origins more than 60 years ago, WTC New Orleans was the first of what are today 289 World Trade Center organizations in 85 countries which are members of the World Trade Centers Association.

The statute, on the walk along the River in the Vieux Carré (French Quarter) in the front is dedicated to the immigrant. I don't want to tell you how stupid I looked getting down on the ground to get the perfect angle to bring these two together like this. Oh well, as the French say "Il n'y a pas de sot métier" -- there's no inane profession.

--steve buser

7 comments:

WichitaKsDailyPhoto said...

Just the right angle for a funny combination of subjects - it does look like she is putting a candle on a cake. Good thought on this shot.

Jules said...

So observant of you Steve - it has come up a treat!!!!

Yes, we bloggers all know the feeling. Yesterday I was on my hands and knees taking photos of trees in the local war cemetery for a blog this week. He-Who-Doesn't-Blog (my husband) wandered off and pretended he didn't know who I was.

Tara said...

Any funky position you had to get into to get this shot was well worth it, Steve - fantastic shot!

PS I enjoyed your comment about the inspiration of the muses at the capitol!

travelphilippines said...

well you looking stupid on the ground paid off. its a very goood shot.

NorthBayPhoto said...

Fantastic shot!!

Neva said...

This is a GREAT photo!

Shorty said...

Thanks for going the extra distance to get this shot. I love it. I too have found myself almost prone among the dirt and fire ants to get some shots.