Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Crowded quarters

One last shot at the crowds in the New Orleans French Quarter for the BCS College Championship game this week end. This is the crowd on Bourbon Street. What surprised me was the with the size of the crowd and the many impromtu pep rallies that erupted, how few police or for that matter how little trouble there was. Got me to thinking -- if I paid a couple thousand dollars for a seat at the big show, last thing I was going to do was to get in trouble and miss it.

-- steve buser

Technorati tag: , ,
Lagniappe -- ( a little something extra )
Suppose they were to ask you to design the entrance sign to Texas. Made me start thinking... Today on Pixel Eyed


By the way, Mardi Gras is about on us. Make sure your back tomorrow for my official countdown.

9 comments:

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

it's festive time on your blog through the year and i love it :)
I'll be back for the countdown , Steve :)

Kate said...

Good to see crowds in New Orleans on Bourbon Street! Can't wait for Mardi Gras. We can exchange notes on Carnaval!

Wanda said...

That's some crowd. Glad I saw it on TV. Didn't have to fight the crowd or find a park.
Looks fun for the young!!

Marie said...

Wow, that's a lot of people. Happy New Year, Steve.

Mike said...

It looks like there must have been quite an atmosphere there.

Gwen said...

Nice crowd street scene--waiting for Mardi Gras. :)

Lilly said...

This is a great picture.

photowannabe said...

Whew...that gives me claustrophobia. But like Kate I'm glad to see people back in NO. It must be heartening for the merchants.

Wayne said...

It's fun to get to experience all of this through your lens Steve! What a crowd! Wall to wall people is right. Yikes. Glad they were well-behaved, and you didn't have to open up any cans of W-A! :D