Sunday, January 13, 2008

Mardi Gras with an attittude

Oh, yeah. Mardi Gras is coming to New Orleans. And, it's coming with an attitude. Someone asked why they have so many different parades. It's because there are thousands who want to be part of this. And, because there are so many different people with different tastes. Besides, the parades on Mardi Gras day can take 4 hours or more to pass in front of you. You have to pace the fun out a little bit.

I love the creativity of the float builders -- everything you could never imagine could be built into a float --- they build into one.

Take note of the beads the guy on the left is lining up. They look to be about 4 or 5 feet long. Imagine what people will do to catch a pair of them.

-- steve buser
Technorati tags:

9 comments:

Halcyon said...

Cool! When exactly is Mardi Gras this year? I was hoping to get down there for that.

brian stout said...

great photo! i love the colors in it...

Wanda said...

Your photos are the most colorful of any I see on any other blog!! You live in a very colorful place!!

Chris said...

Hey, Steve! When does mardi gras begin? One of these days, I have to make it there for that.

BTW. . .I started grad school at Murray State in KY. I had contacted the guy at UNO 3 times, but he never answered. His loss!!

Chris said...

I forgot to ask you this. . . .When we were in Barcelona, one of the parades they had during Feste de la Merce was the Parade of the Gegantes (Giants). Men carried these huge, giant bodies (12-15 ft. high)on the parade route. Do they do that during MG?

Susan said...

Great shot! I visited a float warehouse(?) in Metarie once ona trip out that way. Really interesting floats!

Marie said...

When is Mardi Gras? I hope to see it in the next few years!

I have granted you the You Make my Day award...

Pat said...

Great photo! When is Mardi Gras! ;)

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, Pat's Photo-a-Day

Southern Heart said...

How fun! (wishing we were there...)