Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Feeding Fish

We were at the Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans this week with our daughter, Vicky, and our two grandchildren, Sullivan and Sophie. They were in town for the holidays. The Aquarium was a really unexpected treat. We had been to the Aquarium in Houston over the summer and were expecting something similar. We were surprised by the breadth and depth of the exhibits here and all the exciting things to do and see.

The riverfront location added a special bonus with great vistas through glass walls. The kids were most excited about this happening -- divers appeared in the walk-through (tunnel) fish tank to feed the fish and a frenzy exploded before us. Fish of every kind swirling and swishing to get in for lunch. It's one thing to see them swimming smooth and orderly, this was something else. You had the opportunity to see lemon fish and sting rays and all their cousins -- how fast they can zoom and zip when a tasty meal of shrimp is on the line.

-- steve buser

Lagniappe -- ( a little something extra )
What was good technology for its time has to give way to the new. But the glass door knob is a different thing. Our life could use more grace and refinement.
Today on Pixel Eyed

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does look like it would be different and especially exciting for children to see. I think the way things are displayed these days is a big improvement over the way it used to be.

Nice photography too.

I would like to thank you for your visits and comments on my blog in 2007. And I would like to wish you and your friends and family and very healthy and prosperous 2008.

Wanda said...

Oh my goodness, does that ever look like fun.

In January we are going over to Monterey and I will visit the aquarium there for the first time.

Janet said...

I just assumed they sprinkled the feed in the water. I didn't realize they got down there with the fish!

Marie said...

Very beautiful photo. We have a brand new aquarium in Montpellier.

I'm going to ask you a silly question. What is the entrance fee to the aquarium. We pay 12.5 euros, which seems to me very expensive.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Mike said...

I hope you had a great Christmas. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Annie said...

What a cool photo, a great capture and so fun to share.

Happy New Year!

photowannabe said...

Love the way you were able to capture the action, especially the ray in the front.
I am sure the grandkids really loved it.

Southern Heart said...

Steve, I called my sons in to see this photo and they loved it, too. The Aquarium was one of our favorite things to do in N'awlins when they were younger, and I'm glad your family enjoyed it, too. We also love the zoo; the boys would laugh that I seemed more interested in the statuary and plants than the animals. :)

Thanks for the fun memories today...

Andrea