Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sound off

The Texas A & M Corpsmen demonstrate a sharp marching style at last year's Mardi Gras in New Orleans. In addition to the throws, the floats, the music, and more, there are marching groups from all around the country that come to take part in the big celebration.

This year that is probably going to be stretched to the limit. With the early Mardi Gras and all the rainy weather, parades are being canceled and then stacked up behind each other on the first dry night. It's sure that some of those group were scheduled to be in more than one parade, maybe even parades that are now marching back to back.

The only good news about this is that Mardi Gras weekend through Mardi Gras day in New Orleans is starting to look a lot better.

Good news for me. I had been under the weather and so I wasn't taking in any night parades, but this weekend, I am going to get my fill. About 32 parades are on the schedule to hit the streets through Mardi Gras night (in and around New Orleans) -- but that doesn't include the backlog of postponed parades.

Don't expect a lot of posts from here over the weekend. I'm practicing my bead catching skills.

--steve buser

7 comments:

Sarabeth said...

The Marines looked spectacular last night as they played their instruments and marched. My six year old even commented on it.

brian stout said...

Nice photo. I love the crisp white uniforms.

Jim Klenke said...

Aggies, huh? Well I guess they look all right.

Neva said...

They look so crisp in their uniforms.

Pat said...

They look so smart! Love this photo!

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

have fun!!!! :)

Southern Heart said...

Perfection! :)

DS saw several parades yesterday...on the balcony of one of the homes on St Charles. He knew someone who was having a party, complete with buffet and an open bar (and bathrooms to boot!), He leads a truly charmed life.