Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Stretching out your neck

This is another montage look at the quartet of Brown Pelicans from yesterday's post. They have been hanging around by the Canal-Street-to-Algiers Ferry Boat landing next to the World Trade Center in New Orleans. When the ferry starts approaching from Algiers Point, they get out of the squatting position on the left and start stretching their bills and gular sac as you see from the various positions. They put on quite a display. I can only think that they area expecting a pretty full meal of some large tasty fish.

--steve buser

Technorati tags: , ,

Lagniappe -- ( a little something extra )

Sweet River, sweet life.

Today on Pixel Eyed

11 comments:

Southern Heart said...

I've really enjoyed the pelican photos, and they have brought back some humorous memories. My younger son loves them, but my older son (the born risk manager in the family) is a bit leery of them (both are BIG guys and wouldn't seem to be scared of much of anything on first glance). We have some hilarious photos of the boys next to the pelicans on the pier...one looking so pleased and smiling for the camera, and the other with a sideways glance to be sure that the birds weren't coming too close...

Kate said...

Very nice montage. I enjoy watching them here in Mazatlan by the fishing vessels.

Janet said...

Neat series of photos here. I bet you could spend your whole lunch hour photographing them!

BTW, you've received the Make My Day bloggers' award. Check out the rules on my blog, Selma, Ala., Daily photo.

Anonymous said...

Here we have seagulls that wrestle food out of people's hands!! These fellows look much more friendly. Like you. Thanks.

Pat said...

Love your pelicans! I especially liked yesterday's! HAHAHA!

Congratulations on the award!

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, Pat's Photo-a-Day

R&R said...

Nicely captured!

Gin said...

Hi Steve, thanks for the comment. I love looking at your photos of New Orleans. Most of my family is from Louisiana. Your images remind me of my second home and give me a boost each morning. P.S. Hopefully next time we go the circus, we will actually have children!

Jose said...

Nice montage, there's a small lake behind my house and I get to photograph duck mostly, but there are many kinds of different birds that make a home by the lake.

Bergson said...

pretty montage
i like this report

Wanda said...

Yes, I really like the way you displayed them in the montage!

Nice work!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

Exhibitionists!!!!! :D