Friday, January 25, 2008

Okay, let's take a break from Mardi Gras for a day. Hey, it wasn't my idea, it was the weatherman's -- he let a front come through here and cancel all the parades for tonight. Tomorrow at this point is kind of iffy, too.

Let's sit back, take a deep breath and put ourselves in a good place. Imagine yourself on a sunny day, sitting on the akefront wall in Mandeville, under the shade of a century-old oak. Favorite fishing pole in hand. The fish are biting. The cotton is high.

Sing with me. "Summertime....." --- you're doing good, keep singing.

See, weather can't bother us.

Tomorrow.... back to Mardi Gras. .... but for now, keep singing.
--steve buser

Lagniappe -- (a little something extra)

A hill,
a kid,
a cool morning,
bright sunshine.

All the elements are in place.... for the beginning of one of the country's greatest orators....

today on Pixel Eyed.

9 comments:

Wanda said...

"Summertime and the living is easy........" Steve I'm singing at the top of my lungs!!!

Hey we got some pretty good harmony going...!! :)

Janet said...

That's a great looking tree and a wonderful angle.

Sarabeth said...

I enjoy your photos.

One parade made it. The people in the marching bands did not look happy.

Kala said...

That was a cute posting and a lovely image. The tree looks so impressive and large compared to the person fishing. I wish I get to see the Mardi gras one day in person!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I'm singing, i'm singing!

What a great tree. Look at its pattern. Stunning and in such a beautiful setting.

GMG said...

I'm never tired of the Mardi Gras news in New Orleans... But this is also a nice shot! ;)
Thanks for your comments at Blogtrotter
Enjoy a great weekend!
Gil

Jilly said...

I adore this photo. what a tree!

Love your series on Mardi Gras too but yes, I think, given the choice, I'd sit under this tree and ponder.

Ann (MobayDP) said...

I love this one too. The whole composition is fabulous.

rimawa said...

Great image...
Planet Earth Daily Photo
.