Friday, October 12, 2007

Cranes in the sky

Everyone seems to want to know "when will we see cranes in the sky?" But since the vast majority of project in New Orleans are repairs or renovations to existing buildings -- "building for the inside out, not the outside in" I like to say -- cranes are not the construction tool of choice in most cases.

But there are plenty of projects with cranes, like this project on the London Avenue Canal that I drove up upon one day.

Lagniappe -- I didn't find any construction photos on the City Daily Photo blogs today, but I have to say there are more amazing shots out there today than I have ever found amassed in one day. Let me point you to a few of them. (or take the tour yourself -- here)

Ruby-throated Hummingbird -- Brookville, Ohio
Bottles -- Chateaubriant, France
Italy -- Quick Snap 365 (London)

-- steve buser

12 comments:

Lavenderlady said...

My what a great photo. I had not really thought about the "inside ou"t concept of re construction in New Orleans. Makes sense now that you mention it.

CrazyCow said...

This is a beautiful shot.

NorthBayPhoto said...

Great shot!

Thanks for visiting my NorthBayPhoto blog.

Linda said...

Hi, you have been tagged. Please visit my blog for "rules", thanks.

Marie said...

I think in this case cranes represent "hope." It's not like in Montpellier where they are everywhere and where the concrete is "eating" every place.

The sky is a bit scary looking.

photowannabe said...

Great photo and encouraging signs of restoration.
Thanks for the links I will look these up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I hope more people will come by and see the bird picture.

Also thanks for visiting my blog.

I like your crane photograph and the explanation of why they are not so many cranes in your city during the rebuilding process or repair process that has been going on for a long time.

julia said...

Almost a silhouette- looks good. Men can't do anything without a crane these days! one day I took a series of cranes at work here and was going to publish

Chris said...

Nice shot, Steve! We have cranes all over Nashville as they are building tons of residential towers. Who is going to live in all of them is beyond me, though!

Chuckeroon said...

Ideal moment for the B&W. Those silver linings are always impressive.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Nice sky, nice photo. Cool in BW. Mary, Detroit Daily

• Eliane • said...

This is a beautiful shot. The b&w makes it very dramatic.