Monday, October 8, 2007

New Orleans dream train

My daughter and our two grand kids are in town this week. It gives us the opportunity to be children and do the things you want to do and never get around to doing. For instance, riding the streetcar.

We hopped on up at the cemeteries on Canal Street and rode all the way into the CBD and back. My grandson Sullivan was holding us to our promise that we would ride a train, so the streetcar became a "streetcar train." Hey, it passed the kid test. You can see, he was having a blast with his Nanny, Linda.

The open windows provided plenty of breeze (it wasn't as hot outside as it was muggy.) But about halfway throught the route, the conductor opened the front window and the breeze sailed through the car.

There was a lot of imagination flowing on this "dream train."

-- steve buser

Check out Pixel Eyed today -- a waterfall is a metaphor for concentration, struggle and peace.

10 comments:

Kate said...

Your grandchild obviously is delighted. Great fun!

Janet said...

Instead of the Polar Express, this must be the Nawlins Express! Cute photo.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

Love the joy writ on your grandson's face, Steve :)

every time i hear the term street car, Steve, I think of Tennessee Williams and the famous play...so invariably I am reminded of New Orleans.....(I used to call them trams before I came to United States)

photowannabe said...

What fun. That little guy looks like he is having the time of his life with his Nana. I have ridden the car out to the Garden District. Lots of fun.

GMG said...

Hi Steve,
Sorry for having been a bit absent lately, but I was abroad on a professional trip last week. One day I’ll probably show some pictures from a somehow unusual destination...
Came just on time to see the dream train; but the sausage skied night and in particular the sundown over the lake are absolutellly stunning!
Trying to recover some time, I’m posting on Germany (Koblenz, December 2005) on Blogtrotter.
Enjoy and have a great week!
Gil

Neva said...

I love the streetcars....what a cute grandbaby!!!!He looks so happy.

Chandlermom said...

cute little guy, he's having a ball!

Wanda said...

Oh Steve, what a darling picture! He is so cute with the wind in his face. You gotta be proud!

Lynette said...

I love this photo, Steve. Such excitement shines from your grandson's face! And the damp look of his hair near his face reminds me so of Mississippi! Thanks for the memories.

Sunkyoung said...

Sullivan does seem to be enjoying the all the vehicles. I love the pictures of your grandchildren.