Monday, August 25, 2008

Fay spins spray our way

Tropical Storm Fay sprayed her way around the New Orleans area Sunday. She showed her might most over open bodies of water as seen here on the Lake Pontchartrain shore line in Mandeville. The normally-dry and greyish Spanish Moss on this tree overlooking the lake is green with a soaking from the tropical spinning storm. It is swept almost horizontal in her breezes.

It was mostly just a breezy rain event -- temperatures stayed in the 70's and the breeze seemed to cool things even more. This morning she sit north of New Orleans just across the Mississippi line. A breezy day is predicted here.

9 comments:

Columbo said...

Great shot, so glad Fay didn't have the punch. Hopefully 'Nawlins will not get anymore hurricanes for a long time.

Laurie Allee said...

Steve, I don't know how you New Orleans folks manage the anxiety when a tropical storm comes near. I'm so glad Fay didn't have much of a bite. And how pretty that moss looks all wet and green!

photowannabe said...

Happy to hear that you are doing fine from the storm.
I love this shot of the Spanish Moss almost sideways. Nice composition.

Virginia said...

After Faye dropped a load of rain on us at the lake on Saturday, that's about what my hair looked like !! Well not GREEN, thank goodness. Hope you all didn't get any flooding. We are going to have a little here after a full day of downpours again.

Debbie Courson Smith said...

Is she gone? I know she scrounged around Florida for a long time.

Wanda said...

Great picture, but it reminded me of my hair when I got up this morning!!

Glad you have weathered the storm.

LOL:Wanda

Janet said...

This photo shows just how breezy it was there!

Anonymous said...

I am glad the biggest part of Fay missed you. I love how you captured this photo.

Lynette said...

My brother in Jackson, Mississippi, told me this morning that this August is the wettest on record and the 25th overall wettest month on record, for the metropolitan area. Fay contributed quite a bit to that, for sure.