Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lofty ideals

We were visiting a friend the other night in the Woodward Loft Apartments in the Warehouse/Arts District of New Orleans. This is the view of the second floor common area. The building has a massive and sturdy feel to it. The color palette sends you hints of a European lobbby from the 1800's. The building actually dates from 1912 with an industrial history (Great old pictures of it in use).

We mixed solong that we thought we would miss White Linen Night on Julia Street. We didn't-- we scooted over to the event but the heat pushed us back. The warehouse district has the perfect "New Orleans" feel to it. As one friend said "If your going to live in New Orleans, LIVE in New Orleans."

You'll notice -- if you went to the company's web site in the first paragraph -- that this nighttime picture has warmer tones and more subtlety. I sets you in the right mood for that night time relaxing feeling.

-- steve buser

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful looking place. The colors are awesome.

Sharon said...

I love the colors here! It makes me think it might a festive place to live.

Meg said...

Not sure how to navigate through the link and its photos, but boy, this is bright!

Profile Not Available said...

The colors are terrific! Loved the historic views of the building in its former life. They have done an excellent job of converting the space

Chris said...

Wow, Steve! I have always wanted to see one of these renovated condos inside. How was their actual home? Do they have the original walls, or are they covered with wallboard?

raf said...

It's true, Steve, I do like coming here for that "slice of life" in N'awlins that you dish up on a daily basis! Thanks for giving us a peek at your New Orleans!

Virginia said...

Love this shot Steve. I think the funky colors are just great. I think a little vintage Miami for some reason. DOn't ask me why.

Columbo said...

If I was going to live in New Orleans and wasn't going to live in the Garden District I would live in the Warehouse District. Quite a few times we have stayed at the Embassey Suites on Julia.
I love the shot you took.

Lynette said...

Fabulous, Steve! I had no idea such a living place existed, and I must say I am thrilled that it does. Plus that Chamber of Commerce photo collection is outta sight.

Laurie Allee said...

Now THAT is interesting use of old warehouse space. I would have never placed it in New Orleans if I just saw your picture and didn't know the location. I guess I still think of everything there looking like the French Quarter.

Thanks for a great peek inside!

Sally said...

Oh, I just love this photo. The colours are magic!

Was Felix the Cat Australian? Find out at Sydney Daily Photo!

Halcyon said...

Looks like a neat place to live! What is white sheet night?

Unknown said...

Halcyon. White Linen Night, not white sheet night. Big difference.